Fermeuse Offshore Marine Base
Proponent: Fermeuse Enterprises Limited
Summary of Environmental Assessment Process
The proponent has submitted an application for the development of an
offshore marine base in Fermeuse Harbour, located in the Town of Fermeuse.
The purpose of the undertaking is to service the offshore oil and gas
industry in Newfoundland and Labrador. The completed facility will consist
of 12 berths, a semi-submersible rig servicing quay, multiple laydown areas,
crane and heavy lift capabilities and various site buildings for
maintenance, administration and other related purposes. The total land
area of the completed facility will be approximately 15.3 hectares.
Construction is expected to commence in late summer/early fall 2015. The
facility is expected to be in operation in late 2016 or early 2017.
- November 21, 2014 - The undertaking was registered.
- January 14, 2015 - Deadline for public comments.
- January 23, 2015 - The Minister’s decision is due.
- February 16, 2015 - Revised - The Minister's decision is due.
- March 9, 2015 - Revised - The Minister's decision is due.
- March 12, 2015 - Environmental Preview Report (EPR) is required.
- March 20, 2015 - Environmental Assessment Committee appointed.
- May 6, 2015 - EPR Guidelines issued.
- September 16, 2015 - EPR Submitted.
- November 10, 2015 - Minister's Decision is due.
- December 23, 2015 - Additional Information Required.
- March 22, 2016 - Amendment to the EPR
- May 19, 2016 - Addendum Deficient.
- November 16, 2016 - Addendum#2 to the EPR submitted.
- December 20, 2016 - Deadline for public comments on Addendum#2.
- December 29, 2016 - The Minister's decision is due.
- January 18, 2017 - The Minister announced that the project is released
- Public Notices:
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free